Year 9 Digital Technologies Checklist - Term 4
Introduction to Python Programming.
During this unit, students will learn introductory Python programming culminating in a written EXAM
At the end of this unit, students will be able to:
- Write, save, edit and run Python programs
- Use comments and documentation to explain structure and function
- Debug programs, structure and have an understanding of Python syntax
- Explain and use sequence, decisions, loops and sub-programs(functions)
- Use variables, standard data types, lists and understand what is the most appropriate structure for a given task
- Explore algorithms, implement them and look for alternative code structures that do the same thing
This is a complex unit using a powerful product that takes time to get to know.
To be successful in this unit, students need to:
- Keep up with class work
- Push your understanding beyond the bare bones of what we cover in class
- Seek assistance in a TIMELY manner, WORKING SMART is knowing you need help and doing something about it.
- Come to lessons PREPARED to learn, laptop charged
- Take class projects and push them further - ask yourself "what else can I get it to do?" Try things, break things and work out why they broke
- refer to the course resources website: https://sites.google.com/a/terrace.qld.edu.au/python/home