Year 8 Digital Technologies Checklist - Term 4
Year 8: Term 4 - This Digital World
During this unit, students will explore the Digital World. This is a mixture of theoretical and practical activities designed to get them thinking digitally.
Assessment for this unit is via a FOLIO of tasks in Onenote and a WRITTEN EXAM.
To be successful in this unit, students will be able to:
- Understand binary, convert from decimal to and from it
- Understand applications of binary – collating sequences like ASCII, file size, upload and download speeds and internet terminology
- Understand and use ciphers (like Caesar Cipher), understand the links to encryption and file security
- Explain transport protocols, IP Addresses, packet structure and basic network functionality.
- The relationship between bits, bytes and images
This is a complex unit using a powerful product that takes time to get to know.
To be successful in this unit, students need to:
- Keep up with class work
- Push your understanding beyond the bare bones of what we cover in class
- Seek assistance in a TIMELY manner, WORKING SMART is knowing you need help and doing something about it.
- Check with your teacher at all stages of development to ensure quality meets criteria and expectations
- Come to lessons PREPARED to learn, laptop charged
Refer to the course resources