Year 10 Digital Technologies Checklist - Term 3
Students this term will be using Micro:bit BitBot Robots and the Micropython Programming Environment to control them.
During this unit, students will learn some robotics theory, applications for control technology and program/build robotic solutions to problems. There will be an activity and theoretical component to this unit culminating in 2 forms of assessment: FOLIO and EXAM
At the end of this unit, students will be able to:
- Explain what ROBOT means, give examples and applications
- Explain positives and negatives of automation
- Describe applications and categories of robotic devices
- Explain degrees of freedom in terms of robotic design
- Write programs in Micropython that control the Micro:bit Bitbot using motors, sensors, decisions, loops and variables
- DESIGN Bot software configurations to solve practical problems
This is a complex unit using a powerful product that takes time to get to know.
To be successful in this unit, students need to:
- Keep up with class work
- Push your understanding beyond the bare bones of what we cover in class
- Seek assistance in a TIMELY manner, WORKING SMART is knowing you need help and doing something about it.
- Check with your teacher at all stages of development to ensure quality meets criteria and expectations
- Come to lessons PREPARED to learn, laptop charged